I'm so excited to guide you through this experience of reconnecting to your authentic, creative self using art journaling!! I'll be adding you manually to the Creative Soul Roots classroom as soon as I get a chance (usually within 24-48 hours), at which point you'll receive a welcome email with your username and password, along with some more info on getting support and what you can expect.
In the meantime, I've provided the supplies video for you below so you can start gathering up your goodies!
If you have any questions at all, feel free to email me at email@example.com
I can't wait to start this exciting journey with you!!
Gathering Your Supplies
Like I said, this course can be done with just about any supplies you have on hand. I urge you to get back to basics and only use what you feel comfortable using. Sometimes when we have too many supplies to choose from, it limits our ability to create freely. Keep it simple!
Suggested Gathering List:
- composition notebook or similar stitched (cheap!) notebook (note: I wouldn't use notebooks from the dollar store, as their pages seem to be extra thin)
- strong yet thin ribbon or twine such as Darice Waxed Linen Cord
- collage glue in matte such as soft Gel Medium, Collage Pauge, or Mod Podge (or just stick to a basic glue stick such as Elmer's Permanent CraftBond)
- decorative paper (such as for scrapbooking), you can also use paper bags or kraft paper
- masking tape and/or washi tape
- writing tools (such as a pen, charcoal pencils, gel pens, Pitt Pens, markers, paint markers, etc)
- coloring tools (such as markers, crayons, oil pastels, acrylic paint, etc CLICK HERE for the beginner's acrylic set I suggest)
- paint brushes - one cheap wide brush for your collage glue, one wide brush and one round brush for the acrylics (if you don't have any on hand, these are a great first set)
- optional - ephemera (fun paper collage elements such as old book pages, paper doilies, maps, magazine clippings, sewing pattern paper, etc. Keep your eyes open for any little bits that speak to your Soul and start a collection!)
- optional - wax paper (to use as a page separator while you make a mess)
- optional - gesso
- optional - stamps, permanent/waterproof stamping ink, stencils, stickers, decorative scissors, or other fun stuff for embellishment
- optional - heat tool or hairdryer to speed up drying time